this is a process I run through when life gets a bit too messy. like when you're constantly thinking back to a time when "life was better".
1. take notes of how you feel. write down: exactly what you are doing on a daily basis. how you feel in the morning, afternoon, and night?
2. smile more, even if you're not feeling it. (it subconsciously programs your mind to be happier)
3. life's too much? cancel some plans. stop pleasing people. stay at home if you feel like it. decide to make your mental health a priority.
4. try out a mental health app.
5. choose and express gratitude after each day. even if it wasn't a great day, think about what you're thankful for.